Employment Opportunity: Senior Vice President - Marketing
The Greater Richmond Partnership, Inc. is a public-private regional economic development organization representing the counties of Chesterfield, Hanover, Henrico and the City of Richmond, Virginia.
The Senior Vice President of Marketing serves as the chief marketing officer for the organization; responsible for all activities related to conceptualizing and administering high-profile marketing initiatives, programs, and projects relating to business recruitment, development, and retention; direct regional marketing and advertising campaigns in alignment with strategic initiatives; provide market analysis and strategic direction; provide management direction and supervision over team of marketing and communications personnel.
This position reports directly to the President/CEO.
- Develop and execute comprehensive marketing strategies and priorities congruent with the Partnership’s objectives and initiatives.
- Facilitate the Region’s long-range marketing strategy development process, incorporating visioning, research, creative collaboration and stakeholder engagement.
- Conduct market analysis and interpretation of market data.
- Coordinate with public and private entities to identify resources and programs to meet goals.
- Ensure all marketing communications are coordinated, support the marketing plan objectives, and are an effective expenditure of resources.
- Provide leadership in the design, creation, and distribution of press releases, marketing literature (printed and electronic), publications, and various materials used to market the region.
- Proactively pitch stories to local, state, and national media.
- Create and implement a visibility plan to increase exposure and regional economic development activities.
- Coordinate advertising placements, including print, billboards, and electronic.
- Lead earned and paid marketing strategies.
- Develop and manage a marketing budget.
- Provide leadership on the Partnership’s social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Video/image posting sites, etc.
- Provide leadership to increase the effectiveness and maintenance of the Partnership's websites.
- Provide leadership in the development of video and photography.
- Coordinate with the Business Development team to advance the Partnership’s goals.
- Build and manage a marketing and communications team capable of carrying out organizational strategies.
- Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing and communications.
- Explore new methods to improve effectiveness.
- Participates in weekly business development meetings.
- Build partnerships with regional, state and/or national organizations to increase marketing reach.
- May be required to work early mornings, evenings, or weekends as needed.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in marketing, communications, public relations, or related field required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience leading and supporting business development and marketing initiatives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and In-Design (or other desktop publishing software)
Compensation and Benefits
The Greater Richmond Partnership, Inc. offers a highly competitive compensation package for this position. Salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Additional benefits include:
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Paid Time Off Benefit
- Paid Holidays
- Group Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Retirement Savings Plan
How to Apply
The position will remain posted until filled.
Interested candidates should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org the following information:
- Cover Letter
- Reference list to include three professional references
Ability to pass a pre-employment background check is required.
The Greater Richmond Partnership, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Greater Richmond Partnership, Inc.
901 E Byrd Street, Suite 801
Richmond, VA 23219